HOW TO MAKE BATH SALTS
borax (not detergent!) or table salt
plastic bowl with tight fitting lid (at least 30-ounce capacity)
jars with stoppers, or pretty envelopes (store-bought or home decorated)
ribbon, etc. for decorating
1. Mix 1 1/2 cups of Epsom salts with 1 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup borax or table salt in the plastic bowl.
2. Combine a few drops of food coloring and 3 to 6 drops of your favorite essential oils in a tablespoon and stir well with a toothpick.
3. Add the color/oil mixture to the salt.
4. Put the lid on the bowl and shake it for a couple of minutes to make sure the color and scent are evenly distributed.
5. Package the salts in a paper envelope or glass container. Be sure to include a measuring scoop and instructions. Use about 1/4 cup per tub of water for a relaxing bath.